- SHORT TITLE AND COMMENCEMENT
(1) These regulations may be called the Mormugao Port Trust (Adaptation of Rules), Regulations, 1964.
(2) They shall come into force on the 1st July, 1964.
- APPLICATION: They shall apply to the Port Trust of Mormugao.
- DEFINITIONS: In these regulations, unless the context otherwise requires:
(a). “Act” means the Major Port Trusts Act, 1963;
(b). “Appointed day” means the date on which the Act is made applicable to the Port of Mormugao;
(c). “Board” shall have the meaning assigned to it in the Act;
(d). “Existing rules and orders” means the rules, regulations and orders (whether known as decree laws or by any other name) made in connection with the administration of the Port and in force immediately before the appointed day;
(e). “Port” means the port of Mormugao.
- *EXISTING RULES TO CONTINUE:
(1) As from the appointed day, existing rules and orders and subsequent amendments thereto made on or after the date of coming into force of the Mormugao Port Trust (Adaptation of Rules) Regulations, 1964, relating to the following matters shall, to the extent they are not inconsistent with the provisions of the Act or any regulation made thereunder and until they are altered, repealed or amended by the Board, continue in force, as if they were made by the Central Government under the Act, namely:-
(i) matters specified in clauses (b) and clauses (e) to (n) of section 123 of the Act;
(ii) matters specified in clauses (b), (c) and (e) of section 28 of the Act.
Provided that any amendment aforesaid to the existing rules and orders, not advantageous to an employee shall not be made applicable to such employees unless the Board obtains the previous sanction of the Central Government.
- FORM OF RECEIPT:
The receipt to be given in pursuance of sub-section (2) of section 42 of the Act shall be, as far as practicable, in the form set out in the Appendix to these regulations.
- **PERIOD OF NOTICE
The period within which notice of loss or damage shall be given under sub-section (2) of section 43 of the Act shall be seven days, from the date of taking charge of the goods ***under sub-section (2) of section 42 of the Act.
APPENDIX PORT OF MORMUGAO-RECEIPT
Name of Vessel:_______________________________ Berth: __________
Worked on ______________________________I/II/III Shift_____________
Agents_________________________________Hatch No. ______________
Marks Description Tally Total Remarks
Signature of the tally Clerk.
(Reference not available)
* Approved by Board vide B.R. No. 48 of 18/5/1968.
** Approved by Board vide B.R. No. 192 dtd. 21/10/1972
*** Approved by Board vide B.R. No. 143 dtd. 24/10/1974.